2015-2017 Edition:
Welcome
Rules
Sign-up Here
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December
2017-2019 Edition
Welcome
Rules
Sign-up Here
January | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Rules


What: To read a book for each letter in the year. That's right, a title for the J in January and the A in January, etc.... 74 books total!

Official Start date: April 1, 2013, because we're fools to try this but any book read since 1-1-11 counts ;)

End date: March 31, 2015, yes, two years, because well, we have other challenges to do ;)

Guidelines:

  • only one letter per book
  • books can be moved around if it fits better somewhere else after you've read it
  • the letter doesn't have to be the first word, just the first letter of a word in the title (a, an, and the do not count)
  • reviews aren't necessary but a quick "I read for letter... it was about... I did/not like it" would be nice.
  • if you decide to join in, create a post on your blog telling others then come back and link up (to the actual post, not just your blog's home page)
  • a blog is not necessary, just comment on that month's post at the Lair
  • if you get stuck, an author's name will do in a pinch but try to have more titles than names
  • the most important thing is to have fun!



    copyright mmmrc 2011
  • 3 comments:

    1. Wow! Isn't anyone game for this? I'm going to try it. I really liked the Monthly Mixer Mele, but I think having 2 years to complete this one is a really good thing.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I'm not starting this challenge now, but for future information in case I want to try something like it...

      Do each month's books have to be read during that month? For example, if I read a book in January but I've already read a "J" book, can I put it in June or July?

      ReplyDelete